The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) is an Agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. HRSA provers
Health centers provide health and dental care to people of all ages, whether or not they have health insurance or the moneOur guide to buying health insurance for 2014 walks you through how health insurance works and how to buy health insurance plans under Obamacare. Let's take a look at how ObamaCare affects buyinghealth care plans, different ways to buy health insurance under the Aare required to provide a speciealth Insurance Policy
A plan with a high deductible and high out-of-pocket costs is rarely worth the low premium cost, even with subsidies taken intides funds to Health Centers, hospitals, and other care facilities to help people get health care they can afford.
Health Cento account. Although the plan will protect your health and wallet in an emergency, you'll most likelffordable Care Act, how to understand terms like deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, HMOs, and HSAs and how to choose the plan that has the right benefits, networks, costs any to pay for health care.
Find a Health Center >
Hospitals and Other Facilities
Hospitals, nursing homd coverage for you and your family.
Buying the Right Hve services (which are now free on all plans because of the ACA).
In many cases a lower tier health plan will mean putting off treatment or paying more than you would with a slightlye details there are a few things everyone should know about health insurance for 2014.ams, maternity, check-ups for your kids and many other services at no out-of-pocket costs and protects you if you get an an accident.
es and other facilities y pay for most of your medical expenses out-of-pocket each year without ever meeting your deductible. This means you'll pay your premium and all health care costs, with your insurer paying nothing but specific preventific amount of free or below-cost health care ("Hill-Burton" program) to people unable to
inimum essential coverage" and thus will exempt better plan. Shop smart! We recommend a plan with no more than a $2,5000 deductible and at least 70% out of pocket expenses covered (this means getting a silver plan or better on the marketplace). Remember better plans often come with better doctor netwo
What Do I Need to Know About How Health Insurance Works for 2014:
Before we get to th you from the individual mandatethere are types insurance that don't count including limited covera access to Medicare, Medicaid or CHIP you won't have to pay the fee and can keep your plan.
n plans will be premium costs, out-of-pocket exrks and lower co-pays. Even though all plans come with new essential health benefits only the specific preventive services are included with no out-of-pocket costs before you meet your deductible! The better your plan, the cheaper it will be to take full advantage of your health insurance policy and your doctor network. penses and provider networks. pay. Eligibility is based on the size of your family and your income. You apply for Hill-
• The individual mandate says that the 15% of Americans who don't currently have insurance will have to obtain health insurance (known as minimum essential coverage) by 2014, get an exemption, or pay a per month fee.
• If your insurance costs are unaffordable due to income you may get subsidies to buy insurance and/or an exemption from both the fee and the mandate. 24 million people will be exempt from the fee by 2016.
• If your employer offers coverage, you havesearch before you buy your health insurance for 2014, although most plans will count as "mal plans".
• Health insurance doesn't just cover you if you get sick. It also covers things like mammogrBurton care at the facility where you were or will be treated.
Find out more about Hill-Burton Free & Reduced-Cost Care >
• If you are planning on shopping on your State's health insurance marketplace you'll need to understand "metal plans". Metal plans are a type of qualifying health plan that counts as "minimum essential coverage" and are sold only on the marketplace. Learn more about "met• Make sure to do your rege for dental and vision only.
• All plans starting after 2014 offer the same benefits, rights and protections including essential health benefits, preventative services and check-ups at no out of pocket costs. The big difference betwee